The Munster stars are back on track to win against Melbourne Manley

Cameron Munster led Melbourne back to winning ways, scoring twice when Storm defeated Manley XX-XX in the indigenous round at AAMI Park.

Five of the eight scores were scored by two classically Munster-esque trials: one a dart from a scrum play, the other a ball-stealing result, a skill he has made his trademark on the NRL in recent years.

Storm was in an unusual position behind two consecutive beatings in tonight’s competition, though some troops were out and in the mood for tough opposition, and off. Manlio was behind two defeats, but never showed the possibility against a Melbourne team in such a mood.

This was proof that the Storm machine was working without a few key cogs. They manipulated the position and occupation of the field, created pressure over time and had small enough moments to win in the end.

From 1st to 6th, everyone got 100 meters with the ball in hand, which resulted in running a total of 400 meters. There was nothing wrong with Manly playing: they had no chance to compete with this talented team.

The Sea Eagles have also lost Dylan Walker, so often with spark plugs, knee problems – he will join the list of injuries that already include two Trobozevics, Martin Toupau and Brad Parker.

The game started badly for Manley. They trailed about three minutes later, with Felice Cowfusi scoring in the corner, but the bunker showed a foot in the touch for a Reuben Garrick trisever.

After a while, the storm moved on: Cameron Munster was getting away from a scrum play very easily.

The pressure was created and built with little leeway, but the Sea Eagles defense was strong and, unusually, the Melbourne attack was slow. They missed men with passes and regularly ran after their own deco, slowing down the attack.

Although they weren’t the best at the Storm attack, they did the basics well enough to keep up the pressure. Once manly out, they fluff their line at the Melbourne end and fail to create their own attack.

More points were coming. Tui Kamikamica breaks clear in the middle but is taken down before he reaches the line.

Finally, Jahrom Hughes made an opening with a clever inside pass to Chris Lewis that extended the lead. Manley was furious, the ball was wrong before the score, but outside the perimeter of the bunker.

On the contrary, they have responded to injustice in the field. After finally managing to string some field positions together, the Sea Eagles hit through a liquid backline move that had George Tafua at the end of his first attempt at more than two years.

Melbourne came out of the block with a goal in the second half. It wasn’t a flashy rugby league, but it was effective: they hit midfield, sent a high kick and Xavier Coates took it down.

The next attempt was ridiculous: Cameron Munster had already stolen the ball once in the second half, pinching from Tolutau Cowla to win the field position and then Waltz over the line from George Tafua.

Kenny Bromwich added another from a pass to Nick Menny Pass before Christian Tuipulotu returned for the Eagles.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.