Munster did not tell Bennett’s dolphin that Siraldo would replace Maguire,



Cameron Munster has said he will not join the Dolphins next year and is unlikely to leave Storm when Craig Bellamy, as Melbourne coach, hits a bitter blow to Wayne Bennett’s hopes of luring the Maroon star to Radcliffe.

Munster, ranked fifth-eighth against NSW in the opening match of next Wednesday’s State of Origin series at Acre Stadium, has been targeted by the expansion team as a potential marquee signature.

He is under contract with Storm until the end of 2023, and his agent, Braith Anasta, has expressed frustration with the financial terms of the club’s offer to extend his contract.

Several clubs, including Dolphin, are willing to pay a lot of cash to get him if he leaves Melbourne next season or the following year.

However, Munster Maroon said in the camp that his choice was to stay with the club where he had won two Premiership rings under Bellamy.

“I like playing with Craig and I know he likes to keep me as one of his players,” he said.

“As long as Beliache is still at the club, I don’t see myself leaving.

“I haven’t done it (good football) less in the last few years; But I’m in good form and would love to go out and play well.

“I just want to be consistent; I’m getting big money, when I don’t play well there is speculation, (people ask) ‘Am I worth that money?’

Munster is ready to take ownership of the Origin Arena, admitting that he was “just hoping” for the shortcomings of last year’s Queensland series.

(Photo by Robert Sianflon / Getty Images)

After last year’s infamous white powder scandal, he spent a month in a wellness facility dealing with gambling and alcohol problems, almost costing his Melbourne NRL deal to check himself and blow up the bill.

The 26-year-old returned to pre-season training in career-best form and still in the midst of a club-imposed alcohol ban, was reflected in Camp Maroon ahead of the opening match of the series next Wednesday in Sydney.

“I went to the hangover on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, didn’t put much input into the club (storm),” he said.

“And then Thursday, Friday is coming good and playing on the weekends. Last year (at the time of origin) I was in the game and out just in the hope that it would happen.

“This year is a different story; A little fit and excited to bring a little more leadership to my role. “

Storm’s former teammate and rookie coach Billy Slater said the plan would be to give Munster as much power as possible.

“She is OK. I don’t know how important the series is to him, but he’s in a really good place right now, “said Slater.

“Happy off the field with partner and new baby. It has helped him on the field and he has worked really hard in the last six to eight months. “

SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA - April 13: West Tigers coach Michael Maguire watches the West Tigers' NRL training at St. Luke's Park North on April 13, 2022 in Sydney, Australia.  (Photo by Mark Evans / Getty Images)

(Photo by Mark Evans / Getty Images)

Maguire’s replacement Siraldo Favorit refuses to accept coach’s dismissal

Tigers chairman Lee Hagipantelis has refused to guarantee that Michael Maguire will remain as coach after a mid-season review of the club or any other staff member on the matter.

Panthers assistant coach Cameron Siraldo Maguire is the favorite to take charge if the Tigers show him the door even though he will probably not be available until next season.

Football chief Tim Shins is analyzing all aspects of the club after another bad campaign.

West are 4-8 in 15th place and are sure to extend their playoff drought for another year after not reaching the final since 2011.

“Shall I guarantee someone a job (following review)?” Hagipantelis says on SEN radio. “Whether it’s the role of head coach, commercial head or CEO? No. I will not guarantee that.

“Right now, we’re a little disappointed at where we’re sitting at the table.

“Do we need to change anything? I doubt we do.

“We’ll just leave it to the great man to come back and report to us. We’ll see what he brings back. “

Join Taukeiaho Dragon

Sydney Roosters prop Siosiua Taukeiaho has signed a two-year deal with the Catalan Dragons and will leave the Bondi club at the end of the NRL season.

The 30-year-old prop played more than 150 games for the Tricolours and won two Premierships – 2018 and 2019 – and two World Club Challenges in 2019 and 2020.

“Sydney roosters have been my home for almost 10 years,” Taukeyaho said. “The club and its people will always be very special to me.

“There’s been some special time and I’m looking forward to making the rest of this season.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.