Are you a fan of the Minnesota Vikings, who live west of the Missouri River, want to take part in a game in your backyard?
2022 The Vikings will not do anything like that. The NFL unveiled the schedule for 2022 on Thursday night, and incredibly, the Vikings’ regular season game in the farthest west will take place at US Bank Stadium.
In addition to the huge trip to Europe against the New Orleans Saints in Week 4, the 2022 season is a short-distance affair for the Vikings. And this is an anti-Western campaign. Outside of the Vikings home game, Green Bay is the most western road game that the Vikings will participate in – if believed.
Here is the full schedule for the topic:
- 9/11 – Green Bay Packers (W1)
- 9/19 – In the Philadelphia Eagles (MNF) (W2)
- 9/25 – Detroit Lions (W3)
- 10/2 – At the New Orleans Saints (London) (W4)
- 10/9 – Chicago Bears (W5)
- 10/16 – Miami Dolphins (W6)
- Week 7: Goodbye
- 10/30 – Arizona Cardinals (W8)
- 11/6 – At Washington Commander (W9)
- 11/13 – Buffalo Bill (W10)
- 11/20 – Dallas Cowboys (W11)
- 11/24 – New England Patriots (Thanks) (W12)
- 12/4 – New York Jets (W13)
- 12/11 – At the Detroit Lions (W14)
- 12/17 or 12/18 – Indianapolis Colts (W15)
- 12/24 – New York Giants (Christmas Eve) (W16)
- 1/1/23 – At Green Bay Packers (New Year’s Day) (W17)
- 1/8/23 – At the Chicago Bears (W18)
Minnesota will be touring the stadiums east of the Mississippi River for 2022. It’s not like the Pittsburgh Steelers, a team that won’t leave the East Time Zone, the shortest itinerary of all 32 teams. In fact, Mike Tomlin’s team will not accept NFC West, AFC West, or any of NFC North’s street opponents.
Short travel schedules are not a bad thing. This deprives fans in the western United States of the opportunity to see the Vikings in “normal years.” Apparently for some time each season, Minnesota has traveled to Seattle for at least annual losses – or traded home with the Los Angeles Chargers, Arizona Cardinals, or the San Francisco 49ers.
But not this year. In 2022, Minneapolis is the westernmost place for the Vikings.
However, in 2023, the Vikings are guaranteed to go to Denver and Las Vegas to date the Broncos and Raiders. So, there are some future-planning comforts for Westerners.
If not, of course, the Vikings reach the Super Bowl. This is west of Glendale in Arizona.
Dustin Baker is a political scientist who graduated from the University of Minnesota in 2007. Subscribe to her daily YouTube channel, VikesNow. She Hosts a podcast With Bryant McKinney, which airs every Wednesday Raun Sai And Sally from Minneapolis. His Viking Fandom dates back to 1996. Listed Criminal Pleasures: Peanut Butter Ice Cream, ‘The Sopranos’ and The Doors (Band).