Ascendant coach Ben Rutten defends under-fire bomber Dylan Schill, saying Sydney’s Luke Parker’s sled for the midfielder on Saturday night was badly reflected throughout the club.
Parker’s insults to Sheel were a hot topic throughout the week, with former bomber Great Matthew Lloyd infamously saying he wanted Parker to “plow” after Sheel was “disrespected”.
However, speaking on Thursday morning, Rutten said it was up to the whole club to develop and develop a ‘hard edge’ after placing just 30 tackles against the Swans.
On Thursday morning, the coach said, “We haven’t been able to play consistently enough all season.
“It’s not about Dylan Schill, it’s about all of us as a football club.
“I do not think so [of Parker’s taunt] There was a reflection of the moment, it reflected us as a club during that game. It reflected us as a club during the game.
Captain Dyson Hepel later told Fox Footy’s On the sofa The Parker incident was not discussed at the club on Monday evening, Rutten said, adding that the players now see everyone’s point of view, which he described as “some really honest reflection”.
Finding a way forward, Rutten said the standard was set by the daring clash between young Swan Tom McCartin and young Jay Jay Caldwell, led by a team of injured 21-year-olds led by Andrew McGrath.
“We have to stand up for each other. It’s pretty clear. I thought after the Andy McGrath, Jay Caldwell incident, we expect that level from our players, “Root said.
“I thought it was great leadership, I thought it was a show of someone who really cares about the footy club and wants to make a difference.
“It simply came to our notice then. The players are clear on this. “
Despite a shoulder injury in the clash, Caldwell has a chance to face Richmond in the ‘G clash’ this weekend’s annual Dreamtime, while Rutten has confirmed that Shill will not be ruled out despite speculation.
“Like many of our players, Dylan’s pain is with the way we play at the moment. That’s the bottom line, “said Rutten.
“We support Dylan wherever we can, making sure he’s as clear about expectations as any of our players.
“Dylan is a great person, he has added a lot to our football club and he has added a lot for us off the field.”
After leading the Bombers to the finals in the first year of his tenure in 2021, which has been a hot topic for most of the season, Rutten said he welcomes the challenge of proving his worth as a coach.
“It’s a great opportunity to lead the Footy Club and the leadership I’m ready for is for me,” he said.
Lumumba has released more secret recordings of Bakli
Heritage Lumumba has released another round of recordings of conversations with former Collingwood coach Nathan Buckley, but the former Magpie said it would be his final public comment on the bitter conflict between the player and the club.
Lumumba took to Twitter to publish an audio snippet featuring a conversation with Buckley and then-Magpies list manager Derek Hein, which he claimed was forced out of the club by the coach.
“In response to Nathan Buckley’s false claim last week that I was asked to make a transaction at CFC, I am providing this recording to make it clear that I was expelled from the club. They made it clear that they had made their decision, and my only choice was to retire or do business, “Lumumba wrote alongside the recording.
“It has become clear to me that my decision to challenge the club’s culture will not be tolerated.”
Lumumba said the two recordings would be his last public comment on his clash with Magpies, where he tried to create a public problem with the club’s ‘hateful’ culture and history of racist allegations while playing there.
The 35-year-old has already cut ties with the club, expressing frustration at what he described as their refusal to make meaningful changes despite the recommendations of the ‘Do Better’ report.
“Since the release of the ‘Do Better’ report, CFC officials have been in pain to avoid any responsibility for the club’s serious cultural failure,” Lumumba said in a statement.
“I have been trying to close this chapter since 2017, but have been dragged down by repeated refusal to acknowledge past and present general information on dishonesty, misconduct and CFC statistics.
“Less than two weeks after I became a parent again, it’s time to close this chapter and get rid of this burden.”
The AFL is set to announce a massive AFLW pay rise
The AFLW players will receive significant salary increases on a one-year contract with the AFL, ending months of behind-the-scenes negotiations.
According to AgePlayers will now receive a minimum of $ 39,000 per season, with marquee players classified as ‘Tier 1’ to earn about $ 71,000 – an increase of more than 90 percent at all levels.
Previously, marquee players, most of whom were teams between one and two, received about $ 37,155 per season, with players being paid as little as $ 20,239.
Due to disagreements between the league and players over the length of the AFLW season, which currently sits in 10 Game Plus finals, the contract is only one year long. Despite requests from players for an extended season, as the competition expanded to 18 teams, the AFL was reportedly reluctant to lock more than 10.
Although the next AFLW season has not yet been confirmed, it is widely expected to begin in August this year, and will feature a four-week final series – up from three in recent seasons.